roses from my mother to start the day and chocolates (not pictured) from my loves
Yup, today is my 31st birthday. This year has simply flown by. Today is going to be a simple day, my mother came over and my husband took us out for a late breakfast. There really is no where else I would rather be. I figured that this year, I would try something different and share with you 31 things you may not know about me.
1. I’m a cryer. Yup, super sensitive and could shed a tear at the drop of a dime. No animal commercials for me.
2. I’d rather shop online than in person, for myself at least.
3. Every time I travel alone for work, I cry the very first night. Every single time.
4. I can probably eat you out of house and home. I spend more on food than I do on clothing.
5. I am not a morning person and I’m not a fan of being woken up.
6. I may or may not be addicted to coffee. I’d rather a delicious cup over a cocktail.
7. But I really love cocktails.
8. I get annoyed very easily and have a hard time hiding my displeasure.
9. I’ll mourn the loss of a friendship/relationship for 24 hours. That’s it. Doesn’t matter if I’ve known the person for 15 weeks or 15 years. It just is what it is.
10. By the way, the phrase “it is what it is” is one of my least favorites. My husband uses it all the time and I’ve learned through him to
hate dislike it.
11. I do not allow my kids (mainly my daughter because my son only babbles) to use the word hate. It is considered a naughty word.
12. But I say a lot of naughty words.
13. And naughty jokes.
14. I’ve always wanted to write a book.
15. I waited 15 years to go to Paris and now that we’ve finally gone, I am aching more than ever to go back.
16. However, after watching an episode of Vice and the rise of the far right fascist party in France, I’ve lost all desire to actually live there.
17. We almost moved to Buenos Aires in my late 20s. We had a year’s worth of savings to cover housing and I had found a job. Health insurance would have been $50/month but my husband’s medicine would be $900. Killed our plans instantly.
18. I’ve never actually been to Argentina, however.
19. I’m a sucker for flea markets and thrift stores. I’d rather shop there than online.
20. I love vintage, especially music. John Coltrane’s music is what I can fall asleep to.
21. I always wanted to learn to play the saxophone.
22. I hated my body when I was younger.
23. I miss that body now.
24. I studied Japanese Buddism for a bit in high school.
25. But I am not a religious person.
26. I almost move to Toronto back in October of 2002.
27. I met my future husband just two weeks later and never left.
28. I got my first tattoo 6 months later. The infinity symbol on my ring finger, so did he.
29. No one thought we would make it to the alter. We fought like cats and dogs.
30. We will be celebrating 9 years of marriage this September and 13 years together come March.
31. And welcoming our third child in February.
Yeah, that last one surprised me too.